Monday, April 13, 2009

Finding Food


Another challenge that I often face at Trinity while eating gluten free is finding food that is gluten free. This last Sunday was Easter Sunday and the majority of the students had gone home for the holiday. In anticipation of this, the dining halls prepared to close many of the stations. Mabee was closed all weekend and Coates only had the BBQ station open. The only place I can eat at Coates is the sandwich line and it was closed until Sunday. I was a little upset because I dislike asking my friends to take me places to eat but I had no choice. Luckily, I the BBQ line at Coates was able to find some lunch meat for me and I was able to eat and my friends WANTED to go out. However, it is often hard to find food unless I bring it myself or start checking lables. If I go to a restaurant I have no choice but to attack the waiter with questions and the almost always end up running to and from the kitchen, bombarding the chef with strange questions about the marinade on the chicken. Im not one to complane but it is frustrating at times. Now here is a place I would like to be! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSxehMiACyA

No comments:

Post a Comment