Friday, March 20, 2009

Gluten Free at Trinity


As in any diet, regulation and attention to effects is necessary in a gluten free diet.  When a Celiac ingests gluten THEY WILL FEEL THE SIDE EFFECTS.  Weather it is intentional or not, gluten will hurt me.  But, these side effects of eating wheat can be helpful in identifying an unknown source of gluten in my diet.  These side effects are different for every Celiac but my biggest short term clue is heart burn.  When I eat gluten I will have heart burn, others may have an upset stomach or even diarrhea.  Anyway, for the past few days after spring break I have noticed having some heart burn.  This clue has gotten me thinking about what I eat and have concluded that something in my breakfast, from Home Zone, is the cause.  So I decided to stop eating Home Zone and am immediately feeling better.  I am less tired and I can concentrate better.  I am glad that I did this but I also need to follow up on this by speaking with the dining hall chef to find a solution.  This is an ongoing problem but I thought it would provide more incite into my condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment